Lets first listen Dr. Israr Ahmad explaining this ‘Glad Tiding’ about Leader of the Time/Mehdi, Concepts of Shia & Sunni then read complete Poem from Book Zaboor-e-Ajam, its English Tanslation and Youtube videos about this poem.
- The Guide, Leader of the time, is emerging from the solitude of the desert of Hijaz
The caravan, is emerging from this far away valley
- Behold! From the eyebrow of the slave I see the Sultan splendor bright
The dust of Ayaz shines radiantly! With Mahmud’s torch alight!!
- In Ka‘bah and Temple long, long years the deep lament arose
Till from Love’s banquet now appears One Man who the Secret knows.!!
- The Sighs break out of the bosom of people who are earnest in prayer
A brave and new foundation is being made in Life’s mind everywhere
- Oh! Take the trembling lute (musical instrument) from me, For my hand can play no more!!
My melody is like a stream of blood, that pours out from the musical instrument of my heart!!
Note: 3 more couplets (ashaar) from books: Asrar-e-Khudi & Javed Nama related to ‘Bashiri & Nazeeri’ are added in our post O True Believer! You are Bearer of Glad Tidings & Warnings (Allama Iqbal)